UTAH TRIKES IS STILL SHIPPING DAILY TO KEEP YOU RIDING. STAY SAFE!
Top Ten Reasons To Ride a Trike?
1. Riding a Trike is Fun!
2. You will have the coolest ride on your street!
3. Riding a Trike won't hurt you!
4. It's Great Excercize!
5. Most Anybody can do it!
6. Easy to maintain!
7. Save money on gas!
8. Can be accessorized to match your outfits!
9. Cannot explode!
10. You can put "My other car is a trike" on your license plate!
The many reasons recumbent cycles are preferred over traditional uprights include the following:
· Spreading your body weight over a much larger area than on a conventional bike explains "recumbent comfort". · A much more comfortable seat means less back, neck, shoulder, and posterior pain and none of those unnecessary trips to the urologist. · No wrist pain from bearing your weight. · Smaller frontal area means better aerodynamics which have allowed recumbents to set every bicycle speed record. · The heads up position lets you enjoy the scenery instead of the grit on the road. · In the event of an accident, there is a shorter distance to fall and the rider will fall feet first instead of head first. · The high seat back allows you to leverage more pedal power by pushing with your back against the seat. Human power is maximized under these conditions. · The feet up position is more physiologically efficient because the body can circulate blood more effectively, providing more oxygen to the muscles. · They are virtually impossible to flip forward (endo). · They attract attention.
We prefer trikes because they have all of the recumbent advantages mentioned above plus the following three-wheeled benefits:
· Stability - loose gravel, sand, ice, tire blowouts, etc. will not send a trike crashing to the ground. · Ride during the winter - hitting a patch of ice is fun on a trike. · Do you have trouble balancing? No problem with a trike. · No need to drop a foot off the pedal in tight turns to protect against wipeouts · Leaning into the turns makes cornering on a trike fun. They handle like a sports car or go-cart - you can even brake-steer on a TerraTrike. · Pull up to a stop and never unclip your feet from the pedals. · No wasted energy balancing the trike on those slow steep climbs - this is the reason that trikes are believed to be better climbers than two-wheeled recumbents. · More respect from motorists, they slow down and give you a wider berth when passing - primarily out of sheer curiosity. · Easier to track a straight line on the side of a road - no need for wobble room during a steep climb in traffic. · No need for a kickstand or leaning post. · Less road friction/tire scrub from a rider's side to side balance shift (wobble). · Instant celebrity status - you may be the first person in your neighborhood with a trike - people will know who you are. · Great platform for attaching fairings and accessories. · They attract a ton of attention.